Sunday, July 27, 2008

Keeping Up With thefurlongs!

I know it has been a while since I have written, (sorry Aunt Mary & Uncle Bobbie). I thought I would catch you up.
Summer is flying by, and we are soaking up every minute. As you know, the kids come home for the summer with only a 10 day interruption. I have modified my work schedule to be home on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, and well...to be honest I never work past lunch on Friday either. My work ethic and phylosophy is that I would rather bust my butt while I am there and get my butt back home to my husband and kids.
This summer has given us all an opportunity to relax and enjoy one another. Ashley, Matt's girlfriend came to work with me at BCBSF. We both have a newfound love for carpooling, lunches together in SJTC and pedicures at Bella Diva. We have really gotten to know eachother better and I am thankful to God for the blessing. Unfortunately she had to leave to go back to UCF a couple of weeks ago. The great news is that she will be back to work with me in August and probably at Christmas too!
Josh has spent much time this summer working with Stan, but I hav taken advantage of every moment to get close to him too. We have spent alot of time talking about faith, marriage, friends and believe it or not, POLITICS!
Katie has also had a fabulous summer. She has probably spent the most time on my coattails for which I am always greatful. I dread the day when she is independent and would rather do things without me. For right now, she has so much to share with me, she would follow me in the bathroom if I would let her!
Tyler is now in football. This may very well take over our whole family! It is a huge committment but we are up for the challenge. He is very excited...just got his uniform and pads this morning.
I am sad to take the year off of scouts, but I know we will have fun at MAA. Earlier in the year we had to remind the children that we have a one activity rule in our home. Josh and Katie both chose to participate in the Praise Band at our church. That choice allowed us to say okay to Tyler. I cant imagine us doing any more than this! You know how we are...family game nights, family movie nights, church... our lives are so full. For this I am so greatful.

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

I had no idea you had a blog, great news! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Ashley said...

We definitely do share those same loves ;-) It was fun! Can't wait to be back for Christmas! Love ya!