Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Like Father, Like Sons



I miss my dad every day. There were many painful realizations in the first year after he died. There were so many things that I enjoyed about him and so many things he had just always done for me. One of the things I realized in that first year after he died, was that I would now need to pay someone to change my oil. I had never paid anyone to work on my cars, ever. It was a small thing, but still it was a dad thing. He was good at it, dad was even a part time mechanic at one point in his retirement. When it came to cars, Dad just always took care of it. I couldn't even imagine going to a repair shop...

Little did I know of the hidden treasure God sent in my husband Stan. He is handy beyond belief and can fix just about anything. In the picture above, Stan is teaching Tyler how to change the disk breaks on our Honda Odyssey. I am thankful to have his talents and knowledge to lean on and even more thankful that he is teaching our sons how to be just as amazing as he is.

No comments: