Sunday, September 26, 2010

Almost October

I looked at the calendar yesterday and it hit me. It is almost October. You and I both know that once October starts, it is holiday season. It will be next year before we know it! This year has brought challenges that draw us together, namely my illness and the loss of Millie, Stan's mom. But it has also brought so much laughter and happiness.


I began homeschooling Tyler in March. It has worked really well so far. I had no idea how much I would enjoy the time we would spend discussing prepositions and pre-algebra. He is growing up so fast - as they all have. Knowing he is the last one, makes me want to hold him tighter. He keeps reminding me that this strategy will not work. He is playing left tackle on the football team at Twin Lakes Academy Middle School. We are enjoying watching him as he is growing in passion and skill for football.



The rest of the gang are all doing well. Chris is still in California. He found a new job and is working on getting his own place. Matt is still in Orlando finishing up his time at UCF. I miss he and Ashley both. I sure do hope they move home when they are done. Josh is now working full time at O2B Kids. He is teaching guitar and loving it. He is also still leading the praise and worship for the senior high group at church. Katie Babie is now a junior in high school. Where does the time go? Between band, chorus and praise band, there is precious little time left. We sneak it in anywhere we can. Adoring her has always come so easy to me.



Stan and I have enjoyed the summer. We have traveled to Boston, Louisville and will be in Texas next weekend. We are currently heads down in home improvement projects. We love to shop and plan - still working on the execution phase. Today he and my brother Will are finishing a garden path of flagstone in our front yard. Seeing it will always make me happy as we planned it together and I watched our vision come to life. Our next project will be the kitchen!

Love and blessings to all of you. - Kayti